Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I thought I would share a poem I wrote about our pastor for our church's Pastor Appreciation Day service last month. I'm truly thankful that God has blessed my husband and I with such a man for a pastor and friend.



DEAR PASTOR


There is a special person

God brought into our lives.

He’s been with us through ups and downs,

prayed for us while we cried.



We’ve grown to love his family,

many that they be.

His precious wife is ever near,

at work behind the scenes.



He Preaches with conviction,

of a Christ who changed his heart.

He sometimes uses more than words...

(By acting out each part)!



He Teaches us with wisdom

from time spent with God above.

He Guides with truthful counsel,

but most of all he Loves.



He doesn’t serve for money,

his salary is nil;

nor accolades, nor praise of men,

but thanks we give him still.



He serves out of obedience,

a mind set on the Lord.

So we will serve alongside him,

our hearts in one accord.



God gave us Christ, salvation,

heavens promise in the end.

But life on earth’s been better,

with our Pastor and our Friend.




10-24-10


No comments:

Post a Comment